Monday, May 24, 2010

A Skirt for my girls.

When Jeremy's grandma passed away, I inherited a bunch of fabric.  No one else was interested so I took it all and figured I would take what I wanted since it was probably going to be trashed.  Also I could learn to sew and wouldn't worry too much.  I came across this fabric and new it would be a darling skirt.  So I sat down this morning and made this little number.  I am proud of how it turned out.


It is a little hard to see but I made a little sash  inspiration came from this tutorial on http://www.simplymodernmom.com/.  If I had planned ahead it would have been white.  I am sure there is white polyester in my new stash.

The material is a polyester/Spandex blend.  I am hoping to make a cute flower clip to match, not sure how well polyester would work though????!!!!

My next project involves seersucker material.  I have lots and am hoping to make lots of shorts for the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a thought about what you saw tell me how you feel, happy crafting!