Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Frames

I love making frames, we have them all over our house, in piles, in boxes, on flat surfaces and hanging on our wall.  I have decided I am going to jump on the silhouette band wagon.  I am going to work on a project an post when it is all done.  I am just in need of some black spray paint and some super cute fabric...

So my goal was to find 6 ornamental oval frames.  I have been trying the internet, but the antique ones are a little more pricey.  I wanted to pay about $1 maybe two if they were in perfect shape.  Last night I went to the dollar store to pick up a couple things and decided  to check out their frames.  Guess what i found:

They were just what I was looking for, I decided to fork out the $6.00 so I could move forward with my idea.  When I went to pay they were only a quarter!  Granted they are super cheap and plastic, but I don't want them for hands on use.  That makes it all worth it!  I removed the mirrors (maybe there is another project I can use them for...).


Next I primed them:

I had the primer so I will be stuck at this juncture for a while but I am really happy with the way this idea is shaping up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a thought about what you saw tell me how you feel, happy crafting!