Monday, February 15, 2010

I've been busy

It was my first Valentine's Day where I thought I would be crafty for the kids classrooms.  I followed a tutorial that I can't find anymore but similar to this blog post.  The first turned out OK but towards the end they were pretty near perfect!  Once I got the hang of it, it became easy. Here is the tutorial that I followed over at How Does She?

I found that if you opened the cookies (I used Double Stuf) when you pressed in the stick if you turned the stick while pressingyou had less breakage.  Also when dipping I held the cookie with the stick going straight up and spooned the chocolate over it.  Then using a slotted spoon I scooped it up and tapped the spoon on the side of the dish to get off the extra chocolate.  Then I was able to push the oreo off dragging the bottom along the side of the spoon onto the wax paper.  The tapping created a nice smoothe finish on the top.

Then for our primary kids at church I made Sugar cookie pops using some friend's pans. You can see the pans here.
It was a cookie pop kind of day.

1 comment:

  1. And can I just say that Camilla LOVED her cookie??? For the longest time she would not take a bit (I think she thought it just looked too pretty to be eaten)... Later though she went to town and had a blast. Thank you for making them! When asked what she did in Nursery that day, Camilla answered "Cookie" several times... So I think the cookies were a big hit!

    ReplyDelete

If you have a thought about what you saw tell me how you feel, happy crafting!