Friday, February 18, 2011

Casserole Carrier

A couple of years ago a friend brought a dish to a potluck in a homemade carrier. I thought it was fabulous and wanted to some day make one. A few months ago, I made Jeremy buy me some wooden dowels because I was going to get serious and REALLY make one!

I found this tutorial that was super cute at Moda Bakeshop
Then over at Homemade by Jill she had this one.

 
I was getting ready and decided to google a few more options.  And found this tutorial at Babylock.com.  I would not say that it is an excellent tutorial but it helped me get started and some general measurements.  I think I still made mine too small, but it does work and I think it is really cute!
 The jean stripe is a pocket to hold a serving utensil.  Then you unfold...
 and unfold again...

 To get your casserole out.  This was really easy and only took me about 3 hours, included doing some math, cutting and adding the flowers.  So I would say this is a quick and easy project to just get some crafty juice flowing!  On another note you can make it as a gift, personalize the casserole dish and make a matching hot mit!  (I wish I came up with that idea but alas, thank you Jill at Homemade by Jill for giving me the idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a thought about what you saw tell me how you feel, happy crafting!